“I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, “Where’s the self-help section?” She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.” —George Carlin (via buildings-on-fire)
Six Daily Habits for Artists
- Sit alone; sit quietly.
- Learn something new without any apparent practical benefit.
- Ask individuals for bold feedback; ignore what you hear from the crowd.
- Spend time encouraging other artists.
- Teach, with the intent of making change.
- Ship something that you created
- Seth Godin
“Don’t change so that people will like you. Be the real you and the right people will love you. Don’t give up yourself and stoop to be a counterfeit.” —Unknown (via elige)
“Be grateful everyday for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.” —Carl Sagan (via systema-saturnium)
“The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life.” —